Thursday, January 21, 2010

Banana Bread

I would rather be slogging through the snow than deal with the mud... However I do like the warmer temperatures and the fact that the cisterns are full.

I have been making banana bread a lot lately. The smell in the kitchen makes your mouth water. you can eat it warm from the oven with whipped cream, for breakfast with your coffee or drink of choice, and for a snack. The recipe I use is very moist and does not dry out.
Bananas remain a very inexpensive fruit so buy a few bunches, eat them as usual and when they get a little over ripe, that is the time for a good banana bread.

I do not put nuts in mine, of course many people do. Here is my favorite recipe:

SOUR CREAM BANANA BREAD ~ My favorite
1/2 cup butter (1 stick) 2 eggs 1 cup sugar 1 tsp. vanilla extract 1 1/2 cup flour 1 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp. salt 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3) 1/2 cup sour cream
Cream the butter with the sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients; mix well. Add the mashed bananas and sour cream. Grease 2 loaf pans . Fill 1/2 full with batter and bake in 350 degree oven. For 1 hour

When cool drizzle with a glaze made of confectioner’s sugar and milk

No comments:

Post a Comment